Thursday, September 13, 2007

My new do!

So it was finally time to dye my hair red again! I'm trying a new brand, Garnier Fructise. Looks like it'll be brilliant enough. I can't for the life of me remember the coloring brand I used previously that just did not come out as bright red as it said it would on the box, so I had to do it over again with a semi-permanent red dye just to keep me happy temporarily. This weekend is my cousin Kitty's wedding so it's going to be a lot of fun with meeting lots of new people and lots of partying. Boy will I be tired!

I'm leaving the Bay Area Friday morning at 10am, so that I get up there relatively early, can unpack the car, get kitty settled in our room and take a nap and rest. Cocktails and appetizers are from 5:30-8pm at Jake's on the Lake - a restaurant/bar in Tahoe City. Then Sat at 3pm is the wedding with cocktails and the ceremony by the lake, then dinner at the club, Chamber's Landing, which I've never been to either. It's my moms' and my job to make the women's bathroom look nicer than it is - because the bathrooms available during the ceremony and cocktail hour before dinner will be the pool bathrooms, which are pretty dinky according to my mom who has already checked them out. So we're going to spruce them up a bit as much as possible. No need to on the guy's bathroom - I don't think men really care about things like that much.

Then Sunday is a very fancy (whatever that means) brunch that Noah (the groom), his parents are hosting at their place that they have rented in Tahoe Shores which is right next to Tahoe Tavern, where our cabin is. I know a lot of people then have to go home after that but I'm really excited for tommorrow because my brother is coming up as well and can stay until Tuesday, which is when I'm heading home anyway :) So yay! I didn't get to see him on his birthday because it was way too hot in San Marcos for me at the time so I'll get 4 whole days with him. Should be fun! Then we are hosting a Sunday evening BBQ at our cabin in Tahoe Tavern for anyone who is still there - we know for sure my aunt and uncle, Graham and Jill, maybe Kitty and Noah, but not sure of their plans, if they are going to leave right away on their honeymoon or wait.

So lots of fun things. There is also a big Bark Fest art show over at Squaw Village Sat and Sun so I'm going to try to go over on Sunday between brunch and dinner to check that out - supposed to be tons of artists that do all types of art with animals - mostly cats and dogs the brochure says but there may be other focal animals as well. Someday I want to do custom drawings of animals/pets for people and I also want to customize model horses - paint someone's horse onto a model horse. I've actually already done one so perfectly, my ex-friend JUanita, who recently disowned me as her ex-best friend - I had known her since the 1st grade and suddenly she went all psychotic on me and accused me of doing all kinds of things that I would never even do and distorted the facts and invented all of these lies about me and 'claimed' that she was going to tell everyone in the Bay Area horse world. Whatever. Go ahead and keep fabricating your little bullshit lies. You're only doing damage to yourself, obviously you've never been the real best friend that I really needed and you've been pretty flaky in the past as well and as I think back on it, I can definetly see some warning signs, which I had not ignored but instead just tucked into the back of my brain for safe keeping and future reference. So it was upsetting at first but then I was pretty strong and able to move past it pretty quickly and obviously she didn't get far if she at all went around telling people bullshit lies about me, because I've never heard about it again. But I had painted her horse onto a model and it was perfect. Then I gave it to her before taking a picture of it and asked her to take a pic and send it to me. That should have been one of my warning signs, when I kept asking her nicely to do it and she kept saying that she would and I never got a picture sent. And it wasn't like she didn't have any time to do that for me either.

So I have to start over and I need to scour the internet and find people who would be willing to give me their Breyer model horse lots for free or pretty cheap. Okay, time to go wash my hair out. Should be pretty cool this time and last pretty long. Because there's a lot of read in my hair anyway, when I color it, the color stays in pretty long, even after 3 months or so! I did do a bit too many things today, and pushed myself a bit too hard, but I hope that by getting plenty of sleep and rest and now that I'm on a regular routine of taking supplements morning and nighttime, that I can prevent a flare, since I just came off of one Wednesday which was for about a week.