Monday, August 20, 2007

Link to my Chronic Pain Support Group

For those who weren't aware, it's almost been a year since I started my own chronic pain support group on yahoo groups. It's been pretty sucessful so far and we regularly meet once a week with another woman who is in Berkeley, at the Alta Bates hospital for once a month meetings. This Tuesday is that meeting so I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any new poeple who will decide to show up from my group. I have 23 active members, the number dropped since I changed some of the rules around, like how you have to post at least once a month - no lurkers allowed! Had some problems with people flaming others and posting paranoid, incorrrect info a few months ago so I changed my policies. And someone also contacted several members of the group off-group asking for medications. He asked me too, which was a big no no and I banned him from the group!

Anyway, it's a great group and if you suffer from ANY sort of chronic pain illness or syndrome, even bad headaches, you're more than welcome to join. The more the merrier! I have tons of resources available: links, help finding doctors in the bay area, free samples that I get from various companies that I'm working with, plus tons of other benefits.

The link is: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/SFBayAreaFMSMPS/

Check it out and let me know what you think! Have a great day :)

Whitney