Friday, August 24, 2007

The past four days of fun and stress

Well overall I had a great week, even though I flared up too. A couple of times I was in such bad shape that I couldn't even move but my friend was nice enough to take really good care of me, give me massages when needed and cook me lots of healthy tasty meals :) I love home cooked meals. We mostly hung out, watched lots of movies, talked, went in the hot tub, he drove me around to my errands and pet sitting jobs and we relaxed. AND he helped me with getting ready for my art show this Sunday. Thank goodness he was here because I couldn't have gotten to where I am now without his help, since my folks are currently in Tahoe, returning Friday. So we made a ton of wine charms, I finished my earrings and found some nice paper to make earring backings, also printed out my label for my business name: Infinite Creations. I ordered more business cards beginning of last week, which I expect to get here tommorrow or Sat by the latest. I just need to make two more necklaces, two more bracelets and print out my Bio and custom orders information. I got my stands out of storage and also located the pretty mesh bags to put jewelry into when sold, just like the ones I use for my homemade bath salts. I'm also going to advertise that I'm going to donate 10% of my profit to an organization that is working on finding a cure and/or diagnostic test for Fibromyalgia. Any way I can spread the word about my illness, the better. I might also get some more pet sitting clients, since I'm using my personal business card. Decided against making an entirely new card just for my jewelry.

Yesterday after running errands and pet sitting, we went to pick up cat food and treats and saw the ice cream shop across the street and I'm always in the mood for ice cream. So we went to Tuckers, which is where some of you know the Rosenblum Zinfandel chip ice cream is made - which is my ultimate favorite flavor. Well guess what??!! They had it!! I was really psyched so I bought a quart of that and we also got cones too. Yum yum!

So today since it was C's last day, he really wanted to get the best burrito in the bay and I was dying to go play pinball and air hockey. So we ventured over to the Peninsula, back to our old stomping ground :) We went to Sunnyvale and stopped at Golfland, which has one of the best arcades that we know of. We at first were going to go to the Nickel Arcade in San Jose, but it was pretty far and then I remembered that they didn't have pinballs or other cool games, just silly ones and it's always really loud and full of screaming little brats. So we decided against that idea. Golfland is pretty nice, though when we stepped out of the car, Sunnyvale for some strange reason smelled like someone had set off a stinkbomb. Inside was much better. Golfland has a great mini-golf setup, which we've done before but we just wanted to do the arcade. I guess now they have deals during the week if you go at later times, after 6 or 7pm, you can get a play all, just for $5, which is a pretty good deal. The arcade only takes tokens and the bigger games are a $1 but some only take $.25 or .50. So we played Pinball - there was a new favorite, Spiderman, the set up was really cool, lots of flashy lights and tunnels, ramps, sumersault loops and such. Lots of fun and it gave me lots of do-overs for my lost balls. There was also Lord of the Rings but I'm getting really tired of that one, because a) it's in almost every single movie theater arcade, meaning I've played it quite a bit and b) it doesn't give you a do-over when your ball gets lost. Plus it got Tilted a lot and that was annoying too! They also had Monopoly but we had to limit what we spent so we didnt' play that one. Next we played Mario Kart - a fav of mine from Nintendo, it was fun to be in a big driver's seat version and I kicked ass both times :) They also had Puzzle Fighter which I really like but there was quite a wait since these asian kids kept hogging the game. Then they got really upset and pissy when I nabbed it because they had gotten up and walked across the room. Gees, deal! There was another puzzle type one but I can't remember the one now but you shoot different colored balls upwards, to knock off sets of three. I practiced and got it down. Some games I need to warm up on, like pinball and puzzle games and others, like air hockey, it's just permanently engrained in my brain on how to play :) Speaking of, I kicked some major butt at air hocket. I think it's due to play so much against my brother when we both lived down in San Diego. He plays really hard, really violent, so much so that he's garenteed to hit the puck so hard that it flys off the table at every game and you barely get a chance to hit it because you're so busy defending your goal. Well, fortunately I don't play that aggressively but I'm pretty darn good at defending my goal and getting it to go into the other side. Heh! That was a lot of fun and boy does my right arm hurt, just sore, but it was totally worth it :) I LOVE air hockey. My other favorite is After Burner but I havent' been able to find it anywhere. Bet I could find it in a big arcade but there are not that many left in the bay area unfortunately. There is however a massive arcade in Portland, so that is intriguing for a visit there :) I'm pretty good at any games that require strong eye/hand coordination.

After that we went to Jalapa tacoria, which is a very authentic, owned by two really nice Mexican guys who have been running it for many years and know my friend well since he used to go there with friends every week. It was great seeing them again and talking. They make the best burritos in the state! They are huge - like 3" by 9" long. Pretty massive and stuffed with all fresh ingrediants. I just got veggie with cheese, rice, beans, extra sour cream, guac and salsa. They have a pretty good menu to choose from and the food is just excellant. I can just barely eat half, which I did but I'm happy to have yummy leftovers for lunch tommorrow :) Yummy yummy! I love food! So good day overall, got to relax and work more on my jewelry. Think I'm all ready for the show now.

Of course I'll be much calmer the day of the show, after I get all set up and am sitting down waiting to greet people browsing. I'm really looking forward to my first show.